About This Blog

This blog is just a place where I get to share my experiences with you all. I am just starting to get into organising photo shoots with friends just for fun, and I hope you can check them out. I also sometimes chuck in a few random rants about topics I feel like talking about in the moment so watch out for those. I hope you enjoy reading and viewing my blog and do not forget to follow so you can keep updated. I hope you enjoy all the content I post and I try to update at least twice a week. So watch this space! - LAIFAI

If you want to contact me about any information concerning photos, feedback or even just a friendly hello you are more then welcome to send an email to info@laifaikalolo.com

Thursday, February 24, 2011

pronounced "mew-sick"

I feel like making a music post at 2:40AM in ZEE morning of course. Just decided to share some tracks that I just feel like sharing. SO yeah give them a listen, maybe even leave some feedback of my choices and maybe tell me some of the Jams you like to listen to at the moment.

The Knife - Heartbeats
An oldy but an absolute goody. Definitely one of my favourite tracks of ALL time, (YES, like how Kanye says it "OF ALL TIME!" and I just think it is perfection. And I don't know how but the live version actually sounds like a million times better than the studio version which really is what you want from a true artist right. Anyway this song and everything about it is so magical and eerie and ambient. I just can not explain how much in love I am with this son. It is my all time number 1 favourite song. it just really sums up life and how I wish life to feel like.



Cut Off Your Hands - Turn Cold
Just every single lyric of this song. The riff and just everything. Definitely one of the only New Zealand bands I actually love. They are awesome. They are pretty much an Indie Gold mine.

"somehow I waste all our time, if by some chance our stars don't align"



Shelby Barnachea - Barely Holding On.
One of my all time favourite Youtube musicians. Shelby is such an amazing Singer Song Writer! Her music and lyrics are just so relevant and beautiful and the tone and strength of her voice is really unlike anyone else! I actually prefer a lot of her original songs rather than her covers of many of my favourites such as Two Door Cinema Club, Black Kids, Mgmt etc... and yeah just someone I think will be cool to share with everyone.



Ed Sheeran - We are.
He is Ginger, plays the guitar and can beatbox! I mean he is just the definition of AWESOME! I randomly stumbled upon this guy on Youtube because he did a cover of the Labyrinth son "let the Sunshine" (I think that is what it is called) and he was just so cool and quirky. This song is extra awesome because he was able to kind of layer intrumentals and vocals over eachother in such a bad ass way. This kid is cool!



SHINee - Hello
Yes, I have caught the KPOP bug and well I really do not mind. My friends have been listening to KPOP since the beginning of 2009 and well I was really hesitant to get into it but then late last year, early January I gave in and now I am seriously IN LOVE with Korean POP Idols. With my favourites being BIG BANG, SHINee, F.T Island, B2St and 2NE1 (FIGHTING!) and this song really epitomises KPOP to me. It is cute, bright, colourful and full of cheesy-ness that really is the beauty of KPOP. Although mind you KPOP does have intense SWAGGER. Check out any TOP&GD track or any 2ne1 vid and you will see the Asian Swag just splashing out at you.



Now I am just going to stick in a couple more music videos that I like without explanation because I am getting the SLEEP BUG right now even as I type. I really do see myself waking up tmrw and either hitting the Spell Check HARD! or just deleteing this post all together. It is actually really good that I am making this post at 3AM in the morning because I will not be able to blog tmrw as I am going out :)









And just one more...


Goodnight sweet heeart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers